Chicken for weeks...

Chicken for 2?
Mmmmm! Yummy! Definitely not a meal for two...Here's what happened...

oops

After a long day of work I rush home to get ready for my friend Jen's Birthday Dinner at Chappy's a local Tap Room. I get home rush around like a chicken with my head cut off (haha) to make it in time for the start of the dinner~ completely forgetting that earlier in the day I had made a trip to Sams (3pm) for work and grabbed a 15 pound bag of chicken...I had a friend pick me up around 6 and returned home at 10...still clueless that the $22.00 bag of chicken was thawing away in my truck sitting out in my driveway! At about 10:15pm I decided to go grab my laptop bag from the truck in the pouring rain, when I spot the chicken...pink and juicy all thawed and ready to be cooked! I almost cried! I grabbed the bag slammed the door and bolted up the stairs trying not to cry about my 15 pounds of chicken is ruined!! I got out 3 pans preparing to have to bake all of the chicken but lucky for me only the bottom half of the bag was completely thawed and ready to be cooked, the top still frozen solid like rocks, thankfully keeping the bottom pieces cold! In the picture above the pieces in the green bucket were able to be saved and stored in the freezer, the two pans or 14 pieces had to be cooked! not exactly what I had planned for the night but hey at least I didn't discover this mess in the morning!

My Tap Room Outfit 

Comments

  1. Ughhh but I'm glad you saved the chicken!
    I love your ensemble for the evening! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog =) I'm glad you were able to rescue the chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome!& thank you for becoming my newest follower, I don't have many yet, I am new to the blogging world and loving it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts