A new plan in mind

It's been a while, 
But I'm back :) 

Scott and I had a great talk last night over dinner. 
We have been on a TTC break since June.
We have given thought to changing doctors,
we have talked about our options.
Injections, IUIs, IVF, and Adoption.
This is what we have decided to do.
In October we will go back to Dr. B
and voice our concerns about his office.
We will get his opinion on a new course of action
with use of injectables.
and we will do 3 more IUIs....
If we are not successful in those 3 months
we will begin the adoption process.
we will not "give up" trying on our own.
but we will stop all medical treatments
and focus on adopting.

We talked about IVF
a lot.
I have seen wonderful success
but I have also seen
miserable failure.
It's not something I am willing to risk right now.
I feel like spending the same amount of
money on an adopted child makes more sense for us at this time.
Now this doesn't mean we wont revisit the plan of
 medicated cycles or IVF one day.
and who knows maybe one of our next 3 IUI's will be successful?!
but...
For now it's nice to have a plan again.


  ps...I miss my period in August.. but all tests are still negative.
I am hoping AF will show up this month so I don't have to
go on provera again -_-

Comments

  1. I love this plan, and I wish you all the luck in the world! I think you have to go with your gut, and it sounds like that's exactly what you're doing. Love you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very well thought out plan and hoping you are blessed with your baby soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the plan! It's so good to hear from you. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking about you. Glad you're back and I love your plan. You guys are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plans are good, looking forward is good, never giving up is good.
    You have some wonderful people here for your inspiration.
    LOVE you two so much.
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a great plan!! I'm totally with you on the adoption/IVF thing, I think we'd rather adopt than go through IVF. I'm just not sure I could handle it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a great plan!!! I feel the same way about IVF vs adopting. I'm not ready for my baby to come from a Petri dish just yet...We had similar summers though! I skipped in July and August so after a visit to a new doctor I'm back on Provera. :( Hopefully AF will show up soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great plan! I have the same views on IVF, but I'm glad to hear you aren't throwing that option out all together...just for now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad u both came to a decision and are in the same page. It always feels good to have a plan. Hope one of those IUIs works for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you came up with a plan moving forward! Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having a plan must feel good! Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sucks that things haven't worked and your still not pregnant, but you come arcross strong and calm although I'm sure your journey is heart breaking. Sending you my thought and keeping everything crossed that a baby comes your way in whatever form that may be. All the best.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  13. alexis, i think about you all the time and pray for you and i'm so glad to hear that you and scott took the summer and just relaxed and enjoyed it. you so deserved that. i follow your ig photos and i always think to myself "that girl is LIVING!" and i love it. you keep on keepin' on through it all. i'm so happy to hear you have a plan that both you and scott feel great about. you won't be leaving my thoughts or prayers, beautiful friend. xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts