IVF....

June 27th 2015
I took my first injection for IVF!
The timing worked out perfectly somehow. 
Let me back track a bit. 
At the end of April when our 5th IUI failed
we had decided enough was enough 
we were ready to move on. 
We talked with the Dr. and tossed around 
July for a start time for IVF. 
We had also agreed we would be doing 
IVF with PGD and ICSI. 
The month of May we took it easy, 
not really thinking about anything ttc related.
Scott and I had a few discussions on
the timing of everything, if we really wanted to start 
in July...If we wanted to wait..If we wanted to 
just do it now and quit waiting. 
Somewhere around June 18th
I got a call from the RE. 
It was one of my favorite nurses! 
She was calling to make sure we were 
going to make it in that week for our routine blood drawl. 
When I told her about our discussions with waiting until fall 
she informed me that we were already on the schedule!
everything was set, ready and in place for us to begin! 
There was no turning back now...
June 23rd 2015 we went in for our BW and my baseline 
ultrasound. Everything was cleared and I was given 
my schedule, my instructions for our embryo tank 
and was told to wait for the call to pay for my meds. 
It all happened so fast! 
I had no time to be nervous 
I had no time to second guess anything.
The next day I woke up to the Fed Ex guy 
banging on my door with a box containing my future. 
We were set to leave for Florida that up coming Thurday night
so I seperated what I needed to take and continued on 
getting myself ready for vacation. 
No thinking, No worrying, No freak out OMG I'm doing IVF moments. 
Perfection. 
Pure Perfection. 
I couldn't have asked for better timing. 

We arrived in Florida Friday night after a long ass car ride. 
Saturday morning after we settled in the hotel 
I got out my Lupron and gave myself my first 
IVF injection. It was cake. 
The next few days were some of the best most 
relaxing, zen moments of my life. 

The thing about out yearly Florida trip is 
Twice now I have been down there pregnant. 
and Twice left miscarrying our babies. 
I don't know what it is, but I made 
sure that this trip would be completely different. 
No trips to the ER
No heartbreak. 

I'm happy to say I succeeded in making it 
the perfect trip. 
Back to the zen...
for the first 5 days down there 
I woke up at 6am every morning. 
I didn't set an alarm I just woke up. 
I went out to pool and watched the sun come up 
just me. and my thoughts. 
in silence. 
After the sun filled the sky 
I floated around in the pool listening to the 
waves and the waterfall and the the birds 
I made shapes out of the clouds and 
cleared my mind of everything. 
I was in total peace. 

On July 5th 
Scott and I sat together and mixed up 
my first day of stims 
It went much more smoothly than I could have 
ever imagined. 
I'd read so much about the "burn" 
and the giant needle. 
But in reality.. 
It didn't burn. Not even a little bit! 
and the needle? Tiny compared to what my mind had perceived. 

It's now July 8th and I'm on my 4th day of stims! 
My E2 on day 3 came back at 155
so I am continuing on the same dose until 
my next set of labs and ultrasound on Thursday!

As of today we don't have an exact date 
for our egg retrieval but we know it will 
be sometime next week. 
It dawned on me today 
that next week we will have embryos, babies. 
babies. next week we will have tiny little balls of cells that 
will be our babies!
So crazy! 

I'm so thankful to everyone who has helped 
and continues to help us through this process. 
Love and Support is really what gets you by. 

I'll leave you with some pictures!!



a clip from our mixing video...concentrating real hard!












Comments

  1. I'm so excited for you! This seems to all be falling into place and just as it should be!!! I hope you are just weeks from some amazing news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is it. I'm so excited for you guys. I can't think of two more deserving people. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, IVF! I'm so excited/nervous for you guys. You've been down a long road, it's time for a sticky baby. I wish you both the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you!! Can't wait to hear how it all goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of IVF now it doesn't seem as scary as when u first start. In excited for u guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! how exciting!! I have everything crossed for you guys!!<3

    http://ttcourmiraclebabyivf2015.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you! Ivf is amazing and sucks at the same time. Hoping for the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for you! I am hoping the outcome is a gorgeous baby (or two)! Many good thoughts to you during your cycle. It may get hard and you may feel like crap but just remind yourself of the end game. It's worth it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts